This introduction to Prenatal Yoga will give Yoga Teachers, Birth Professionals, and those interested in this powerful practice an overview of the basics. For yoga teachers not trained in prenatal yoga, this workshop will give you the confidence to modify postures for your expectant mothers in your class, and will give you the information you need to learn how to embark on a successful path to teaching Prenatal Yoga. Doulas and Birth Educators will learn how yoga can keep their clients comfortable in pregnancy and make the birth process easier.
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of the Pregnant Mother
- Overview of the Birthing Process
- Politics of Maternity Care and how that relates to teaching Prenatal Yoga
- Psychology of the average expectant mom and how Prenatal Yoga provides support through this dynamic life transition
- Yoga to alleviate common pregnancy discomforts
- The importance of alignment in pre and postnatal health
- Yoga Postures to avoid
- Modifications to accommodate common limitations of pregnancy
- Basic pelvic floor exercises
- Next steps to pursuing a career as a Prenatal Yoga Teache
6-hour workshop coming in 2018
$109 early bird, $129 thereafter
For more details and registration, please see www.blossombirth.org/intro-to-teaching-prenatal-yoga.html.